Opportunities at GRAITEC
Steel Structure Drafting Technician
Assist clients with technical support for Advance Steel by phone, web and email.
Provide software training sessions
Provide support to the sales team
Hold a DEP (in building design or industrial design) or a DEC (in building mechanics, mechanical engineering, civil engineering or architectural technology)
Fluent in English (spoken and written)
At least 2 years experience in the industry as a steel detailer (significant asset) Experience of at least 2 years in the industry as a steel manufacturer (major asset),
Knowledge of BIM (asset)
Own a valid driver’s license, willing to travel within Québec, and could include international travels.
AEC Technical Specialist / BIM Consultant
GRAITEC is looking to fill an immediate position within our team of technical specialists to support the portfolio of Autodesk software we provide to the Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) industries.
In this position, the candidate will continually develop expertise in the latest versions of AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks software. The candidate will work alongside our sales team to provide pre-sale business process assessments (BPA’s), discoveries, proof of concepts and technology demonstrations. Post-sale, the candidate will deliver fundamental to expert level software training, implementation, project-specific mentoring and support services and assist clients in defining unique BIM execution strategies and standards.
• Intermediate or Advanced knowledge of Autodesk Revit and Autodesk AutoCAD
• Working experience in Architecture or Building Engineering
• Discipline-specific Revit modeling experience working on one or more of the following building types: residential, commercial, corporate, institutional/civic, science/technology, education or healthcare
• Visualization experience utilizing 3D conceptual models
• Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel required.
• Familiar with BIM Collaboration concepts, working with teams, model sharing / linking and applicable techniques.
• Experience in teaching or mentoring related to technology / software or project workflows
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and provide timely feedback and guidance to clients and GRAITEC management.
• Own a valid driver’s license, willing to travel within Québec, and could include international travels.
Application Engineer, structural analysis solution
Job Title: Application Engineer, structural analysis solution
Reports to: Graitec Inc., General Manager, Americas
- To contribute to the increased profitability and development of Graitec customer base by providing a range of pre and post sales consultancy and training services and utilizing in depth technical experience to work with the teams across the business to enhance the company's services and product offerings.
- To fully understand, use, demonstrate, position and localize where applicable our structural analyst solution Graitec Advance Design in accordance with the American market.
- To support the pre and post sales efforts of the sales teams and company as a whole by expertly providing varying and relevant product demonstrations, support, training, consultancy, configuration and customization to clients and prospective clients.
- Manage technical relationships with key customers
- Positioning Advance Design as the preferred solution for the relevant industries
- Providing product training for Advance Design and any other agreed products either at Graitec reseller site and potentially at client site or within Graitec North America offices.
- Developing an understanding of the complete functionality of Advance Design to ensure every opportunity is maximised.
- Participate on the development of Advance Design. This will require monitoring associated and relevant standards. Creating and updating product databases, product defaults and specifications. Contributing to the continued enhancement of the product based on personal and client feedback.
- Technically liaising with suppliers and manufacturers and creating specification documentation according to developments required to create libraries of the components and sections they provide. Thereafter interpreting and converting these specifications, following industry standards and best practices into useable product macros and libraries.
- Providing product demonstrations, presentations and creating, specification documents for customizing application software to meet specific requirements.
- Providing ongoing product support and promotion in conjunction with the sales and technical teams. This will include conducting online webinars and other similar activities as required.
- Supporting customers and staff with technical queries face to face, by telephone, online and via email.
- Organizing and running technology workshops for new and existing customers/ resellers to further enhance Graitec North America reputation as a leading advisor and consultant in the market.
- Being an ambassador for Graitec during all customer interactions and acting as a role model for the behaviors which will develop Graitec into a truly service orientated business.
- Supporting "the people" strategies, which hold the integrity of the Graitec Group values.
- Participation in Company projects as and when required.
- Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within your capabilities that are relevant to the job and reasonably requested of you by your manager.
- Bilingual (French – English)
- Customer Focus
- Quality Focus
- Personal Organization
- Personal Development
- Commercial Awareness
- Innovation and Problem Solving
- Product Knowledge
- Industry Knowledge
- Building Relationships
- Influencing Others
- Degree in structural engineering is required, PhD is preferred
- Experience in structural design at the CNBC (A23, S16 and/or O86)
- Important experience with structural analyst software
- International travel will also be necessary from time to time